Great cake recipe for cycling
It is filled with a lot of good things such as protein and Omega 3 that will help me finish my ride and warm the soul of fellow riders I share it with.
It is very simple and fast to cook, I believe anybody can cook it.
After years of making it it evolved to present recipe but it can be adjusted depending of what you got in your kitchen or preferences, sometimes I substitute the choco chips with dried coconut chips and or roasted nuts bits, dry raisin are also great in it.
125g of flour (I often mix 80g of white flour + 45g of Almond powder)
100g of brown sugar (any sugar will do)
2 large eggs
1 pinch of salt
70g of plain yogurt
70ml of rapeseed oil (0% cholesterol)
5g baking powder
3 tea spoon of black cocoa powder (optional but soooo good!)
2 or 3 tea spoon of Chia seeds (black or white are ok, this is optional but great source of Omega 3 and protein)
1 or 2 tea spoon of Quinoa seeds (optional)
1 fistful of choco chips (optional but highly recommended too)
The preparation takes 10-15 minutes and baking 30 minutes
Pre-heat the oven at 180c
- Mix the eggs and sugar in a large bowl with a whisk until they are well incorporated and the mix becomes white-ish (about 5 minutes)
- Add the oil and yogurt, mix well
- Add the flour in 2 or 3 times, the baking powder and chocolate powder
- Once everything is well mixed, add all the remaining bits
- Fill a cake tray and put in oven for 30 minutes